1.22.2005

thank you 4 wheel drive

today was the 3rd time I've ever required my 4 wheel drive. I am convinced that besides airbags and other safety equipment, this is the single most important feature on any vehicle in my future. with the 10 inches of snow that as fallen in the last 12 hours, the plows have been unable to keep up, especially the ones that my townhome complex hires. We had a roughly 18-24inch wall of snow from the IDOT plows blocking the entrance to the community. If I had a car, or an SUV without 4wd, I wasn't going anywhere. Instead, a flip of the switch, a running start, and a mild explosion of snow, and I'm off to my destination. My neighbor was highly amused. Shoveling is for sissies.

1 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger Tim said...

I would like to second that feeling. I'm not sure if the towns of Champaign and Urbana own any snow plows, but if they do, they certainly don't work along any roads that I took today. I wouldn't say that AWD was required, but the WRX certainly made things easier on me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home