9.02.2005

my last day at motorola

my farewell address to all the folks at moto:

=================================
I will not bore you with the standard issue farewell email. You have all been told how talented and wonderful you all are and I agree wholeheartedly with those sentiments. Instead, I want to tell you a story.

Two weeks ago, I had a dream. A dream of running my own business. A dream of chocolate. A dream of wild oompa-loompa's frolicking in the green fields. With I as their shepard, these oompa-loompa's were trained and taught to make chocolately goodness for all to enjoy. Metrics were collected and oompa-loompa power point presentations were given. The process was refined again, and again, and again. The people of the world rejoiced (and by world i mean gurnee, il).

I awoke from this dream with some sleep crusties in my eyes but nonetheless inspired. I shall leave my college studies behind and open a chocolate factory. And it will be good.

To all of you, I wish the best. With any luck, my career plans will bring me back to Motorola and I will have the priviledge of working with you again.

Mike
==================================

2 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger Tim said...

Very classy (and funny). I suppose it is best not to give anybody the e-finger on your way out.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Nick said...

Shit on your boss's desk on the way out. You will be forever known as "The Chocolate Man"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home