2.07.2006

today...a recap

today started out great. i woke up early and drove to the gym to the beat of rump shaker by wreckx 'n effects. great pre-workout music. i hit the gym, lift, swim, get cleaned up and head out on my errands. i should have just gone home.

i drove down to pick up my 900 lbs. (no, i'm not kidding) of chocolate. it wasn't ready. eh, no big thing. i'll wait for it to be picked from the warehouse.

i get a call on my cell phone. the temperers are acting up and it's 3 days until my busiest day of the year.

i drive to my produce guy to pick up my apples and strawberries as i'm dead out of both. they had screwed up the previous day and didn't get them to me so i was counting on them today. no strawberries, no apples. i probably swear more than i should in my normal everyday speech. today was excessive.

i drive to restaurant depot for damage control almost getting run off the road by a semi on the way there. i pick up 6 cases of apples and bunch of other stuff and get it out to my car...on two carts...to a car with 900 lbs. of chocolate in it. the ensuing spectacle of me packing my car draws a crowd of two of the checkout people and the regional manager. they claim that it's not going to fit. i say otherwise. i repack the car twice before it all fits.

i get to work and find out that the place was left a wreck the night before. wonderful.

i get a call from a potential franchisee who wants to work in the store for "4-6 hours per day for two weeks" and "handle all business transactions". umm...let me think...no. he then asks if we are doing as well as we had thought we would. i tell him "no, we're really not doing the business we thought we would." he then tells me that rocky mountain's product is wonderful so it must be poor customer service that is keeping people away. i almost exploded.

work is over and i head to play indoor soccer. i actually ducked out of the way of a shot. my job is to stand in front of those things so they don't go in. but i ducked. because of that, instead of winning, we tied.

i'm going for my bottle of knob creek.

2 Comments:

At 5:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, your soccer comment made me spit out my OJ. Thanks for that. :p

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Nick said...

you should have kicked the potential franchisee in the balls.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home