7.25.2006

going out with a bang

tonight was my last night playing in the field and the soccer gods decided to give me a proper send off. tonight they blessed this horribly uncoordinated runner with the ability to steal the ball from one defender and dribble past (okay, so it was more like dribbling 'through'...i still have no moves) another defender and put one in the corner of the net. sadly enough for my team, this put me as the highest scorer for the session with 6 goals and 2 assists out of the team's 14 goals. seriously, if you've seen me play, you would not stop making fun of our forwards for letting this be the case.

next week, it's back to goalkeeping duty. i can't wait. scoring is fun but there is no better feeling than shutting down a one on one or robbing someone of a backdoor goal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home