4.14.2005

are you fast?

we've got a team of three and need a fourth for this: www.monsteradventure.com. if you've got a mean streak of competitiveness in you, give me a shout.

i've been thinking about all the races i'm entering this year and it strikes me as strange that i've only done 2/year for that past 4 years that i've been running.

this year i've entered the following:
shamrock shuffle - 8k
Indy 500 1/2 marathon - 13.1 miles
chase corporate challenge - 3.5 miles
chicago lakeshore half marathon - 13.1 miles
lake geneva triathlon - 1/2 ironman distance (1.1 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run)
midwest monster (link above)
chicago marathon - 26.2 miles

right now, i'm running 20 miles/week and biking (if you include spinning) 60 miles/week. this much leg work has given me a rather strange problem...my legs are getting bigger. normally, i buy boxers in size small because my waist is, well, small. yea...so i'm man-petite...fuck you. anyways, the medium sized boxers bunch up too much and tend to give me a wedgie, but my legs are getting too big for the leg openings in the small ones. so now my choice is to either live with a half yard of linen crammed up my ass or cut off the circulation to my legs. i'm not sure which is worse.

4 Comments:

At 1:05 AM, Blogger Nick said...

I might be game for it - you can use my mule-like abilities for the sandbag carry and my mad canoe skills. And for the logistics, which will help.

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks awesome, Mike. Unfortunately I am not 'quite' in shape to be in a position to help.

 
At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could always cut slits at the bottom of the legs in the small size. It should give you some more room.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger mike said...

solution found! old navy boxers size medium...small enough waist, big enough legs. woo! i'm one happy boy strutting around in comfort.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home