4.13.2005

sales pitch

i went to the dentist today and while they were poking around in my mouth, they suggest a $400 whitening package. I politely decline as i think my teeth are in pretty good shape. We're chatting in between assaults from the pokey-thing and i tell the dentist and hygenist (both female) of my new business venture. My dentist declares with this line of work, i'll be every woman's dream. And then she adds that i'll be even more so by the time they're done with my teeth (referring to the whitening package). wow does that woman know how to sell. it was all i could do to refrain from throwing my credit card at her.

i survived this round, but between my anal-retentiveness about my teeth and the promise of attracting more of the opposite sex i imagine that next time i won't be so lucky. i must learn to apply this technique to chocolate (can't be too hard).

6 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger Nick said...

hey what's this business venture?

 
At 1:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you need whitener, then I'm just giving up on all oral hygiene. It's just not worth it.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Tim said...

If you feel like you need it that bad, just buy a box of crest white strips.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger mike said...

do those white strip things really work?

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dentists have Crest Strips that are stronger than the ones you can get in the store. And they are only 50 bucks and generlly have a rebate. Worked well for a friend.

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim uses the white strips and they work really well for him. I had my teeth done by the dentist but I have some funky stains from braces. They also had a sale so for less than what they are charging you I was also fitted with trays and given 2 things of gell to continue to keep my teeth white. I think it is over a years supply.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home