4.26.2005

running and eating

results from this weeks 4x1 mile repeats (3 minute recovery):
mile 1: 5:18 (third fastest mile i've ever had)
mile 2: 5:40
mile 3: 5:48
mile 4: 5:41
If you'll notice, when not hungover, i'm significantly faster.

Every tuesday at noon my buddy who is serving as my running coach and I do a hill workout. On the way home, we stop in to Portillos (a local hot dog joint) and pick up lunch and run back to work with it. Try carrying a large chocolate shake and a sack full of fat and preservatives while attempting a dead-out sprint some time. I feel very prissy doing it. It feels like one of those posture drills (like the ones you see on tv where morons are walking around with books on their heads). Anyways, I get back to work and am sitting in yet another meeting and begin eating my lunch. Two fully loaded hot dogs, a dipped italian beef with cheddar cheese, and a large chocolate shake later, and the whole room is looking at me like someone should grab the AED...just in case. Well, it amused me anyways.

1 Comments:

At 2:07 AM, Blogger Nick said...

I'm going to do 12k while drinking in a few weeks, provided I can find cheap airfare to SFO. I'll tell you how that works out when you do 5k, then stop for beers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home